Rutland Cycling is one of the UK's leading independent cycle retailers.
We're much more than your average bike shop, and our people play a key role in making our company stand out from the crowd. We are incredibly proud of our team, who deliver excellent service to our customers every day of the week.
We currently operate five stores in the heart of England: two at Rutland Water (Whitwell and Giant-Rutland at Normanton), one at Grafham Water, one at Fineshade Wood, and our latest store in Peterborough. We also operate a thriving e-commerce business. Our head office, warehouse and distribution centre are based in Manton, Rutland.
Send us your CV
If you feel you have the skills and attitude to further improve our award-winning team, please send us your CV:
Online Customer Service and Systems Assistant
The Online Customer Service and Systems Assistant (OCSSA) plays a key role within our eCommerce team. Our OCSSA is a team player, working hard alongside colleagues to deliver Category 1 service and systems support, helping us drive up customer satisfaction and retention and deliver on our goal of being the UK’s best cycling destination.
The OCSSA’s main tasks are to:
- Answer incoming customer calls and emails
- Assist customers in choosing appropriate products and take payments over the phone
- Carry out essential daily systems admin functions, and provide a central point of contact for internal systems issues
- Monitor, report on and implement actions to maintain our market place seller account statuses
- Maintain excellent two-way communications with colleagues across the business
- Assist the eCommerce team with ad hoc tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical knowledge of bikes, parts and gear
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Good listening and problem-solving skills
- Good skills of persuasion and negotiation
- Sound judgement; able to analyse and react quickly and appropriately to solve problems before they escalate
- Resilient; able to remain calm when dealing with emotional, difficult or distressed people
- High standards and attention to detail
- Quick and accurate keyboard skills and experience of using databases
- A high level of professionalism, integrity, courtesy and diplomacy
- Good time management skills – able to meet deadlines, prioritise and work under pressure
- Able to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- At least one year’s experience in a service-orientated environment
- At least six months’ experience in a sales environment
- GNVQ/NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent; or ?4 GCSE/O level passes A-C or equivalent, including English and Maths; or at least 5 years’ demonstrable work experience
For a recruitment pack please contact our HR team for firstname.lastname@example.org, or tel: 01572 737624 ext 36.
Closing Date: Monday 30th November 2015
Part-time Seasonal Stores Staff Required
(Flexible hours to meet business requirements including weekends, bank holidays & school holidays)
Located on the shores of Rutland and Grafham Waters with breath taking views, as well as the forestry setting of Fineshade woods, and more recently Ferry Meadows in Peterborough, our modern and well equipped stores offer cyclists of all standards a first class service. We pride ourselves on being a retail and leisure destination, delivering excellent service, quality products and a genuine passion for cycling.
Delivering a first class bike hire, sales and maintenance service to our customers, we are now looking to recruit key team members across all in-store functions. Duties will vary depending on the specific role but will include greeting customers and dealing with enquiries, providing an exceptional customer experience. Full training will be given.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective communication skills
- Effective team worker
- Motivated, enthusiastic & outgoing
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- Flexible/adaptable approach
- Cycling experience & interest
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Further information is available from our HR team on 01572 737624 Ext 36.