Scott was one of the first major manufacturers to launch a super-lightweight road bike when it created the original Addict. The latest iteration of the Team issue model comes in both Di2 and a mechanical version, with the mechanical version receiving a rave review in the latest Tri Plus magazine feature on climbing bikes.
The lightweight bike excelled in the climbing test:
Tri Plus Magazine, Climbing Bikes FeatureThe real surprise came from the SCOTT's ability to maintain forward momentum way beyond the crest of the hills, on false flats and most certainly on rolling roads. It just wants to get up and go, just as you might expect from professional-level machinery.
If you're after a bike that will launch you up the hills and power past the opposition on the flat then you will want to check out the latest Addict team model. At the heart of this bike is a stiff super-light carbon frame that gives a much improved riding performance - it weighs in at a staggering 6.28kg. Yet, the Addict isn't all about lightness and speed, as thanks to a stiffer front fork and narrowed seatstays, it is now a much more compliant ride than before. It's also graced with a Dura-Ace groupset and a Syncros finishing kit to give it that race winning look.
It's a bike that really does do everything right and will be more than a match for any effort you can put through the pedals. It will help you to ride harder, faster and further than ever before and will push you over the finish line ahead of the competition, or leave your friends for dead in the weekend dustup.
- Frame: Addict HMX / IMP Superlight Carbon / Road Race Geometry / Replaceable Dropout
- Forks: Addict HMX / 1 1/8" - 1 1/4" Carbon Steerer / Carbon Dropout
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Dura Ace 11 Speed
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Dura Ace
- Shifters: Shimano Dura Ace
- Chainset: Shimano Dura Ace 39/53T
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano Dura Ace BB92
- Chain: Shimano Dura Ace
- Freewheel: Shimano Dura Ace 11-28T
- Headset: Ritchey Pro Integrated
- Stem: Syncros FL1.0 Carbon
- Handlebars: Syncros RR1.1 Carbon
- Front Brake: Shimano Dura Ace Super SLR Dual Pivot
- Rear Brake: Shimano Dura Ace Super SLR Dual Pivot
- Rims: Syncros RL1.1 Carbon Clincher 20H Front / 24H Rear
- Front Hub: Syncros RL1.1
- Rear Hub: Syncros RL1.1
- Tyres: Continental Grand Prix 4000s II 700 x 23c
- Saddle: Prologo Zero II Titanium
- Seatpost: Syncros Carbon FL1.0 ECL / 27.2mm / 350mm
- Miscellaneous: Weight: 6.28kg / 13.85lbs