Who Are KASK?
KASK are an Italian company that specializes in developing, designing, and manufacturing cycling helmets of the highest quality.Established in 2004, KASK is a relatively young company, but thanks to a talented team of expert engineers and partnerships with Italy's market-leading factories, the company has gone through a tremendous evolution marked by success all along the way. KASK has been awarded with trade innovation prizes from the likes of ISPO and Eurobike.
KASK's mission is to maintain a perfect balance between technological excellence, functionality, safety, and attractive design in their products. By constantly researching and looking for ways to go beyond and improve the quality of KASK helmets, their products have become synonymous with high-end cycling products. Now among the top brands in the cycling safety accessory market, KASK is committed to maintaining the highest standards in safety helmet production in order to ensure the highest level of protection and quality for the customer. The helmets are perfectly ergonomic, produced entirely in Italy and were initially developed to fit the needs of world's top athletes. These key developmental features combine to offer the wearer unparalleled comfort - even in the most rigorous of circumstances. KASK helmets owe their unique qualities to the genius of their integrated structure system, which combines the greatest level of protection with the lightest possible mass of the helmet to provide the maximum amount of comfort and safety to the rider.
A variety of carefully monitored safety tests and innovative technologies are utilised during the helmet design process. All KASK products are put through their paces in rigorous safety and quality tests via the CSD (ComfortSafetyDesign) Project. Furthermore, all KASK's exclusive designs and product features implemented in the helmet collections are absolutely innovative, proprietary and protected by numerous patents showing that KASK does not compromise when it comes to quality and safety.
Best for - Road racing, Warm weather riding
Due to be used by Team Sky during this seasons major races, the Valegro's polycarbonate shell has been tested and refined by KASK's engineers in conjunction with a wind-tunnel to get the best results in terms of thermo-cooling performance. The Valegro offers advanced ventilation and an impressive weight of just 180g (size small). The new design offers maximum cooling to the rider via 37 ventilation holes with new breathable and quick-dry padding. The 5mm layer of fast-wicking thermoformed tri-dimensional padding is anti-static and anti-bacterial with heat regulating and moisture transferring via the use of Resistex Carbon. Alongside this cutting edge technology, the chin pad with eco-leather strap contributes to a helmet that's comfortable to wear for the whole ride.
- Hyvent - Structure and design of the shell allow for fantastic air flow and breaks up the exchangeable heat.
- Highly Breathable - The inner padding fiber speeds up the evaporation process of perspiration, slowing down the formation of humidity on the skin and keeping the internal temperature constant.
- Anti-Static/Bacterial & 3D Dry Padding - Because of its conductivity, the inner padding fiber absorbs and disperses electric charges accumulated from the environment or during physical exercise. Whilst also protecting the skin from bacteria and pollutant dusts - reducing the risk of annoying allergies affecting performance. The tridimensional 3D Dry Padding utilizes a multi-layer open cell construction process allowing for excellent levels of comfort and performance.
- Octo Fit/In-Moulding & MIT - Rubberised Micro Dial adjuster provides improved finger grip whilst floating cradle contact points combine internal gel pads together for optimum comfort. These supports are designed to oscillate freely through 180� allowing a perfect fit on any shaped head. The Skeletal Brackets of the cradle have been designed and refined to provide the best fit and support whilst being as light as possible. The innovative �in moulding� technology, joining the inner polystyrene cap to the outer polycarbonate one, ensures a better shock absorption and The MIT Technology, applied to all KASK cycling helmets, guarantees complete protection thanks to the polycarbonate layer that covers the shell on the top, on the base ring and on the back.
Carsten Jeppesen, Head of Technical Operations, Team SkyIt's been a great experience to work so closely with KASK in developing a helmet that will help our riders perform at their best. With every race, our riders and technicians demand to be ahead of the game in ultimate performance and rider comfort, and with the VALEGRO, KASK once again exceeds our expectations.
Best for : General road riding
Produced using the innovative In-Moulding system for unrivalled shock absorbing qualities, the Mojito offers a close and comfortable fit due to the implementation of its Up'n 'Down adjustment system. The up'n 'down adjustment system provides the most precise and comfortable fitting for helmets thanks to its unique double pivot design. This allows the back of the head to be cradled by the straps, which are then easily tightened to the correct tension by a central ratchet wheel. This fit system combined with a very breathable, non-slip, gel internal liner ensures top performance for the rider whilst the internal padding material is treated with the antibacterial and antimicrobial Sanitized process. The chin pad has an eco-leather chinstrap which is extremely comfortable and helps stop skin irritation. Featuring the same MIT system of the Valegro, the Mojito also offers additional safety via the use of high visibility stickers - making the Mojito a brilliant choice for the commuter or winter rider.
- Expanded polystyrene shell that optimises crash impacts
- Quick release buckle
- Unique hinged adjustment system that allows for both size and up/down adjustment
- Ventilation is achieved by means of 26 large air vents, arranged to optimise aerodynamics
- In-moulding innovative construction, complete protection guaranteed by a polycarbonate layer that covers the shell on the top, on the base ring and on the back
- The CoolMax textile internal pads are made from KASK's 3D Dry system, which draws perspiration away from the head and these pads are removable and washable
- High-visibility reflector stickers on the back of the helmet and on every strap for maximum safety
- Chin pad is made from non-allergic imitation leather
- Weight - 220g
- 100% made in Italy
Best For : Racing, Aerodynamics, Time-Trial
The Protone weighs just 215g and uses a 3D Dry padding with a multi-layer open cell construction process to give a more comfortable ride. It has removable and washable inner padding, made from CoolMax fabrics and its inner padding fabric has been treated using the Sanitized antimicrobial process. KASK has also continued to use its Multi In-Moulding Technology to create a polycarbonate cover for the top, base ring and the back of the helmet's shell. This is joined to the inner polystyrene cap via KASK's In-Moulding Technology to improve the shell's shock absorption. Its strengthened frame further reduces the risk of a shock breaking the shell. The innovative inner strengthening frame offers a greater mechanical strength and a better compactness. In case of shock it prevents the helmet from breaking into many pieces, allowing greater safety for every rider. The Protone is also incredibly aerodynamic having been extensively tested in the wind-tunnel to ensure the provision of a really impressive CX rate. Whatever position the head is in, the outflow of the air will be perfectly in line with the helmet. MIT, Octo Fit and high visibility features complete the package and combine to create a truly excellent aero road helmet.
- 3D Dry padding
- Aerodynamic Design
- CoolMax� removable and washable padded liner
- Antibacterial and antimicrobial Sanitized� Padding
- Washable Eco Leather Chinstrap
- Shock absorbing technology
- Anti Break Frame
- Fully Adjustable Rubber Micro Dial
- Certified safe CE EN 1078, CPSC 1203 & AS/NZS 2063
Find your nearest Rutland Cycling store
You can browse the entire KASK range online, or you can get your hands on it in your nearest Rutland Cycling store.
THE RUTLAND DIFFERENCE
FREE DELIVERY OVER £10
30-DAY TEST RIDE