Careers at Rutland Cycling
Rutland Cycling is one of the UK's leading independent cycle retailers. We're much more than your average bike shop, and our people play a key role in making our company stand out from the crowd. We are incredibly proud of our team, who deliver excellent service to our customers every day of the week.
We currently operate a number of stores in the heart of England as well as a thriving e-commerce business. Our head office is based in Leicestershire, and our warehouse and distribution centre is based in Manton, Rutland.
What's good about working for us…
We are keen to reward our staff for the passion and enthusiasm they put into what they do.
- We offer 28 days holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- We offer a Long service holiday initiative
- We offer a contributory pension scheme
- We offer a ride to work scheme
- We offer generous discounts on all our products, as well as free bike hire at our destination stores such as Rutland Water and Grafham water
- Quarterly financial awards recognising those staff who have shown outstanding performance in relation to our GREAT customer service standards.
How we will support you
Our Stores based and Head Office staff are supported by:
- Yearly appraisals and a personal development plan review
- Development days
- Bespoke training for specialist roles
- Opportunities to get involved in business-wide projects
- Opportunities for promotion in an expanding company that was recently named as the Best Omnichannel Retailer 2020 at the BikeBiz Awards.
See what it's like working at Rutland Cycling:
From the perspective of a Bike fitter:
From the perspective of a Mechanic:
Our developmental goal
People are at the heart of our business, so we want to give them the best development opportunities in the UK cycling industry. We provide specialist Cytech training for our Workshop teams, in-depth product knowledge courses for our Sales staff as well as enhancing our Manager’s leadership skills through our Coaching & Leadership programme.
Find Out More About Rutland Cycling >
Deputy Store Manager – Rutland Water, Whitwell
Do you have a passion for bikes & retail? Are you a people’s person who has hunger to deliver exceptional customer service? Would you like to work for an award-winning retailer?Well look no further! We are currently looking for a Deputy Manager to join our flagship cycling store located on Rutland Water's beautiful North Shore. The store is home to a large workshop staffed by passionate trained mechanics. Also on site, we have a BikeFit service and an unrivalled cycle hire.
Purpose of the Deputy Manager
- To assist the Store Manager to effectively manage and maintain a profitable and sales driven store, to a high standard, delivering excellent customer care.
- To help motivate and inspire the team to achieve individual and company targets
- To ensure the safety and security of staff and stock.
What you'll do
- Ensuring customer satisfaction and the smooth running of shifts
- Keyholder and alarm contact
- Issuing daily duties and following-up to ensure completion and compliance
- Stock accuracy and amendments
- Investigations under the disciplinary process
- Ensuring the effective scheduling of staff, and taking action to address issues where required
- Awareness and responsibility for security of stock and staff
- Ensuring colleagues are compliant with training and legality as required (Myagi, H&S, starter info etc)
- Banking and reporting to the Finance department
- In addition, the requirements and responsibilities of a Team Leader are also expected from the role of Deputy Store Manager
What we are looking for
- Excellent customer service focus
- Strong market knowledge within the cycle and leisure industry
- Commercially astute to be able to identify & exploit opportunities given the store’s location and customer base
- Driven sales record with the desire to meet budgeted sales and profit targets
- Ability to operate at a strategic level, particularly when deputising for the Store Manager, including effective planning
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to assist in leading the store team, and to build working relationships with senior management across the company
- Consistently seeking improvement in own performance and that of others
- A high level or self-motivation and awareness
- Proficient IT skills using EPOS and similar
If you believe that this fits your skills then don't delay and apply today! We'd love to hear from you.
Store Team Leader – Grafham Water
Do you have a passion for bikes & retail? Are you a people’s person who has hunger to deliver exceptional customer service? Would you like to work for an award-winning retailer? Well look no further, we are currently looking for a team leader to join our Grafham Water Store which offers amazing hire, sales, and workshop services at one of the country's most stunning water reserves within the Cambridgeshire countryside.
Purpose of the Team Leader
- To help share best practise among colleagues to improve results
- To deputise in absence of the Manager and Deputy Manager for shift running purposes
- Assisting the creation and maintenance of smooth relationships between all colleagues across the business
What you'll do
- Be a keyholder
- Opening and closing the shop
- Cashing-up and investigation of anomalies
- Implementing marketing plans
- Rolling-out new initiatives and gathering resultant feedback
- Organisation of staff breaks
- Following-up on promotions (e.g., marketing), peak trading periods to assess success and identify opportunities
- Identification and alert to manager of any skill gaps or failures to comply with policy and procedure on behalf of any colleague
- In addition, the duties, and expectations of team members (Sales Advisors or Technicians) will also form part of the responsibilities of Team Leaders
What we are looking for
- Excellent coaching skills
- Some mediation ability
- Results orientated work ethic with the “bigger picture” as a focus
- Strength of character and determination
If you think you could be our next team leader then apply today!